Monday, October 23, 2006

Quick Question

I rarely do this, but I want to pose a question...

In a July article in the New York Times, Karell Roxas (a senior editor at gURL.com) says this:

"[Slut] is definately a term of familiarity with teens. They'll say 'Hi, slut' the way my generation would say 'Hi, chick' or 'Hi, dawg."

This idea is given support by Atoosa Rubenstien of Seventeen Magazine:

"Today slut, even ho, is used by girls in a positive way."

Apparently, slut is making the transition that pimp has already made.

Seriously?

Or am I too old fashioned...

...at 29...

2 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Yikes.

I'm not ready for anyone to call me a slut.

Nope, you aren't being old-fashioned. You're being reasonable.

Lacie Irish Oatmeal said...

Kylee! I'm suprised at you. Crack whore......(or was that after you left Bluffton.....)

Each generation has its own venacular. Part of thrill, no doubt, is eliciting comments like this from an older generation.