Thursday, October 26, 2006

the joys of fatherhood

A story...

The boy's ever growing vocabulary now includes the word "poop." Although when he says it, it often rhymes with the word 'good.' He's now telling us that he has indeed pooped whenever he does it. He also tells us he pooped when he fact peed.

It's not an uncommon occurance to be doing something else and have him say, 'I poop.' So, the conversation goes this way:

"Daaaah Daaaah."

"Bucka bear?"

"I poop."

"Did you poop? Should daddy smell?"

"Uh huh."

(daddy doesn't smell poop at this point) "I think you're good. Can you play with toys?"

"Uh huh." And he runs away.

Last night was a particularly interesting conversation:

Boy runs into the dining room. "I poop"

Mommy- "Did you poop?" "Uh huh," he responds. Mommy then smells...no poop. "Did you pee?"

"Uh huh."

"Can you say pee?"

"I poop."

Daddy- "can you say pee?"

"I poop."

Mommy- "Can you say (p)?" Boy makes the sound of the letter p. "Can you say (ee)" Boy says eee. "Now can you say pee?"

"Uh huh," he says. "Okay, buddy, can you say pee?"

"I poop."

...at least he's telling us something, right?

No comments: