Wednesday, October 04, 2006

and from the news of the weird desk...

...Poisoned Pigeons Fall from the Sky in Texarkana

read it, but only if you want to...

I've been wrestling with the idea of what it is to live with enough. Not too much, not too little. Proverbs 30:8-9 states (in a nutshell) if I have too much, then I'll tend to forget God and if I have too little, then I might steal and dishonor God; just give me my daily bread. I know the conversations in my house often revolved around getting ahead, as in when are we going to... and unless I write a great book or something, chances are it's not going to happen anytime soon. Or at the very least, our idea of what getting ahead won't be happening anytime soon.

I have a good friend (also in ministry) that says that we're always trying to work ourselves out of a job...and he's right. This fact doesn't bode well for me and the wife's plan either.

Here's the thing that often kicks me in the pants: we do in fact have enough now. Not only that, if so many of our dollars weren't committed otherwise we might have more than enough. I feel so blessed that God provides despite our decisions which in some way inspires me to make better ones, while at the same time it urges parts of me toward complacency...knowing that God is good and wants bless us.

'So then, should we go on sinning so that grace may abound? Certainly not.' Once again. Paul, you're right...

...when I find out what all this means to me, that'll be a good thing...

...at the very least, I'll be able to teach on it for Saturday night...

1 comment:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I'm curious to hear the conclusions you come to with this.

Very thought provoking..