Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Scot McKnight Live Blog

I'm sitting here at Winebrenner Seminary in Findlay listening to Scot McKnight.

I'll be blogging my thoughts live here for the day...

First issue worth talking about:

When does conversion happen? He's told many stories of conversion and many of them don't fit the processes and 'orthodox' structures that have permeated the church. I am interested in these "un-orthodox" stories as they relate to the recent Young Life push for a Statement of Non-negotiables. Here's a link to Christianity Today's article. I'm hoping to be able to ask him his thoughts on orthodox conversion versus 'non-orthodox' conversion in light of YL's stance on conversion. If I get to ask, I'll try to get a synopsis on the blog.

EDIT: asked the question. And he referred to the Statement of Non-negotiable as the potential bludgeoning and institutionalizing of something that doesn't quite resonate with much of the New Testament. I think the Campus Life table wanted to punch him (and me for asking :) ) It was awesome...

Do you have thoughts after reading the article and perhaps Tony Jones' blog and his thoughts?

Post them here...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not a big Tony Jones [Emergent]. I have to clarify because I have a friend named Tony Jones who I'm a big fan of.

I'm glad you asked the question and I agree with what Scott said. There is not room for patience and love in the world 'non-negotiable'.