Sunday, October 07, 2007

Did I just write a Psalm?

God’s love confounds our mind
God’s love defies logic
God’s love is the most complete
God’s love is wider than mine

My mind’s limits can’t stop God from doing His thing
Doesn’t matter if I get it or not, God will be God.

My mind would never be able to think of enough ways to explain God’s love
My mouth would never run out of words
Even if I had all the words, my statements would still end with “but it’s more than that”

We are people that continue to look and still not see
Time and time again we hear, but we don’t listen

In the same way, our love will remain only in dimensions that we understand.
But,
God’s love is complete; I know this because I’ve felt it, and I know that despite my effort,

I can’t love like that.

And to me, that is confounding—
To know complete love, but not be able to love completely
To know how wide God’s love is, but not be able to love that widely

God, may we all fall in love with Your mystery



It's the mysterious, seemingly random actions (or desertions) that can be the biggest barrier to faith--for Christians and those who don't consider themselves Christian. But I can't help but think that it's not a reason to not love or not have faith in God, after all, God loves the hardest parts of us to deal with...

whether we acknowledge God or not...

Perhaps the biggest dis-service that the church has done over the past years is giving the impression that God loves if.

Truth is that God loves because...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did, and I like it.

Never loose the mystery of Christ...
Get lost in the wonder!

His love is still unceasing, unchanging, and unbelievable.