Monday, August 27, 2007

Something that makes me sad in my guts...

is seeing all the trash that used to be people's walls and furniture and homes. There were days that I really liked to drive up Main St. in Findlay and see all the folks in their suits and ties. I liked to see all the cars and walk down the sidewalk and have to wait for traffic to cross the street. I liked having to wait on the white flashing hand telling me that it was okay to cross the street.

Now I just see businesses. They smell like a foot and fish worms. When I look at them, I start to think about the folks that own them. Some will recover. Some won't.

There will be days in the future that life will be like the first paragraph...

...but it feels far away...

I'd like to help and be useful all at the same time.

No comments: