Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dangerous Wonder


So, tonight we went to visit my dad out in the country. As we left, we were greeted by a giant night sky full of stars. It was amazing...

The moon sat very low in the sky, and the boy just looked at us and said, "Look! There's the moon! Can we go touch it?"

So, tonight I'm pondering...

When did we stop thinking we could touch the moon?

The real question is "When did you stop being a child?"

So, if you'd like to ponder along...feel free...

When did you stop thinking you could touch the moon?

When did you stop thinking you could grab a star?

When did you stop thinking the bluegill in a pond were awesome?

When did you become afraid of the ice cream man instead of thinking he was the bomb?

When did you stop being a child?

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I think instead of "when did you stop being a child", the better question for me is "When will I stop being a child" ... at least in regards to the things you posted. I see no danger in trying to touch the moon, or grab a star, or finding fish in a pond cool.

Megan said...

I read Shel Silverstein last night...made me feel like a kid again...
I wish I could dream like a kid again...my mind keeps getting in the way of my heart though. I like thinking McDOnalds is a 4star restaurant!