Thursday, August 31, 2006

This is indeed a new day. Now having been in the new house for two nights, it's starting to feel like our house. It feeling like home is still off somewhere in the distance. While there are still things to do, things are indeed done enough to establish some sort of feeling of structure and stability, and that we actually are not nomadic people and we are done with our roaming days.

Truth be told, this whole process has taken quite a toll on everyone's emotions. The boy is getting re-assured of where he might find his stuff, but he's not quite there. I have been an absolute prick to my wife. We complement each other well, but in stressful situations we actually become what the other really could do without. In her is a desire to itemize, get things done in a certain way and order, and in doing so, it begets order and calm. It also means more micro managing...which leads me to me.

In stressful times and situations, for as much of an extrovert as I am, I become a loner and one who wants to figure stuff out alone. Which isn't helpful when your best friend's way to get back on track is to make sure that they have some role to play. SO, I have done an extra crappy job of taking comments and idea for what they are and NOT as critical remarks and orders. But we seem to be on the back end of this...

We are not moving anytime in the next 10 years unless absolutley necessary. I can't do it again...we've moved now 5 times in 6 years, and I'm looking forward to a break...

And...our DISH went out, so it's been movie marathon days at the homestead. The boy is getting a steady diet of Baby Einstein, The Incredibles, and Shrek. I have watched Two Weeks Notice, Remeber the Titans, and my second favorite sports comedy (right behind Major League) the Replacements. Notice I said my second favorite, not THE second best. The DISH guy comes today to fix stuff. Oh, and we don't get Bravo in our DISH package, so I guess it's so long to project runway (go Michael) for now until we figure something out. It saddens me greatly.

I suspect I'll be here on my computer first thing on Thursday AM finding out who got voted off and watching video.
Hello, my name is Ryan and I'm addicted to reality TV...

Everyone now...

"Hello Ryan"

No comments: