Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mission Accomplished (a simul-blog)

After months of hard work and preparation, it finally went down. The Findley Lake Triathlon came and went. I did it, and it was awesome. I've never felt the amazing sense of accomplishment and tired all at the same time.

I met my time goals which was nice. Actually, here a recap of the events of the triathlon:

- Got in my tri-suit (think wetsuit with no sleeves) and looked like a goof.
- After the race instructions we were herded directly the water for the swim. The lake was completely disgusting. Good news is that I only got kicked four times and I only kicked one person.
- Solid time out of the water. Grandparents cheering (that was especially cool).
- On the bike after a decent transition.
- Mile 4 on the bike, GOT STOPPED BY A TRAIN!! ARGH!!
- Really cooked on the bike. Really cooked...
- Run was the hardest 3 miles EVER. (probably overdid the bike) The run was on a trail in the woods at the park. Very, very tough. And this is coming from a former cross country guy, and I've seen just about everything. The rain made is crazy slick and the number of hills was flat out mind numbing.
- Finished drank some water and the boy came over and just looked at me and said, "I'm proud of you, daddy." (my favorite part of the day, in case you wondered)
- Caught my breath and started thinking about the next one... ;)

It was fun, and thanks to your generosity, Matt and I were able to raise $2400 for Team Jared. (It's not too late if you still want to give :) )

That's the best news of all...

3 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Bravo! Bravo!

Anonymous said...

I can't even tell you in words how proud of you I am, honey!

Can't wait till the next one....

Megan said...

That is sooo awesome.